Everyone's had one. It's how you deal with it that makes a difference.
You Will Need
Step 1: Don't beat yourself up
Know that your feelings are perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of.
Step 2: Don't tempt fate
Don't flirt with your teacher or confess your crush to them. That will just make things awkward for both of you.
Step 3: Realize it will fade
Realize that your feelings won't be this intense forever. One day you'll probably flip through your yearbook and wonder what you ever saw in your teacher.
Instead of trying to make your teacher fall in love with you, gain their respect and admiration by working hard in their class.
Step 4: Realize the implications
Realize what your fantasy could cost the teacher if it became a reality: Their job, their career, and possibly their freedom if they're charged with a crime.
Step 5: Don't let them encourage it
If your teacher makes a move on you, do not get involved with them. In fact, you should report them to your parents or the principal immediately.
Fact: In the 1999 black comedy Election, a teacher's career is ruined after he becomes involved with a high-school student played by Reese Witherspoon.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades