Many people suffer from camera-shyness, or a reluctance to have their pictures taken. The reasons vary; some people are generally insecure about their appearance, others feel that their pictures don't match the way they want to be shown. Carson Kressley, from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and How to Look Good Naked, offers the following advice: relax! Tight smiles, defensive body language, and insincere emotions can easily ruin a picture. Try to be spontaneous: if you want to smile, look at something that makes you happy (puppies, the picture of a loved one, anything that puts a real grin on your face). Body language is important, too. If you want to seem sexy, stand in a way that emphasizes your curves; if you want to look authoritative, adjust the picture to emphasize your brow line. Keep in mind what you want this image to say about you. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so chose your vocabulary carefully.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades